CDHE has compiled resources to assist higher education institutions and
professionals in providing comprehensive support for refugee students. The list
below contains evidence and theory-based promising practices to which institutions
and students may refer. Additionally, the CDHE provides context and guidance for
institutions for SB18-087, which grants refugees settling in Colorado in-state tuition
with no waiting period.
- SB18-087 CDHE Guidance Memo
- ACCRAO Policy report on “Inclusive Admission Policies for Displaced and Vulnerable Students
Research on Best Practices
- Supporting Displaced and Refugee Students in Higher Education: Principles and Best Practices. Read here.
- IIE PEER Impact Report
- Student Emergency Initiatives One-Pager
- The University Alliance for At-Risk Migrants and Refugees (also covering DACA students). You can learn more about the initiative here.
- Colorado Department of Human Services Refugee Services Office
Federal financial aid is a on option many use to financing their higher education, but it takes time to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) document required to award financial support.
- Non-U.S. citizens qualify for federal aid. Read more.
- 7 things you need before you fill out the 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Apply for FAFSA here
- Reference Guide for Undocumented Students
Scholarship Information to Explore
Eligibility and qualification for specific scholarship may vary. It is best for students to consider as many funding options as possible and as they
determine eligibility, they can move forward with applying for specific scholarship or grants.
- Student Support Database: Search programs, scholarships and tools by area.
- Scholarship Finder powered by College in Colorado
- The Refugee Center
- CollegeScholarships.org - Colorado
- Colorado Opportunity Fund
- University of Denver scholarship list
Credential Evaluation Have you studied in your home country and you are looking to get credit? There are organizations that provide credential
evaluation and at time fee waivers.