The Department of Higher Education is a key stakeholder in representing the voices of students and institutions at the Colorado State Capitol. The Department works with all legislators to advance our shared interests. Most importantly, we work with the Office of State Planning and Budget to set the state appropriation budget for all public institutions of higher education, which directly impacts tuition and other services for students. With the help of Department, the General Assembly has passed numerous bills to help erase racial equity gaps in higher education and increase student success support systems.
Under the leadership of Governor Jared Polis and with the support of Dr. Angie Paccione and public institutions of higher education, Colorado continues to lead the nation in higher education policy.
For more information on our budget requests, legislative agenda and state laws impacting higher education, please contact Carla Blanc, Legislative Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2024 Legislative Session
- January 24, 2024: DHE 2024 Legislative Agenda
2023 Legislative Session
- January 9, 2023: DHE 2023 Legislative Agenda
2022 Legislative Session
- Read a wrap-up of the 2022 legislative session:
2021 Legislative Session
- January 10, 2022: Student Success and Workforce Revitalization Task Force Releases Recommendations to Make Colorado More Affordable & Help Students
- To learn more about HB 1330 and the Student Success and Revitalization Task Force, visit https://highered.colorado.gov/higher-education-student-success-legislation-hb21-1330-authorizes-federal-american-rescue-plan.