Complete or Correct Your 2024-25 FAFSA/ CASFA Today!


Complaint Procedures

To report a school or education provider that may be illegally operating in the state of Colorado without the required authorization, please verify on our website that the school in question is not authorized to operate in Colorado.  Click here to report the school if it is not listed.

If you would like to file a complaint against an approved Colorado institution (public or private) or report a possible diploma mill, follow the steps below to determine your next step in reporting a complaint/grievance to the Colorado Department of Higher Education and Division of Private Occupational Schools.

IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU FILE:  If you have a complaint (that is not about a diploma mill), please be advised that according to statute, the Division of Private Occupational Schools (Division or DPOS) may only accept a written (or electronically filed) complaint from an individual who was denied enrollment; is a current student; or is a former student of a private occupational school that is approved to operate in Colorado. 

If you are a former student, the Division may only process a complaint provided not more than two (2) calendar years have passed since you  last attended the school that is the subject of the complaint.  Under very limited circumstances, a third-party, who can show a monetary interest, in a matter involving a current or former student of a private occupational school (i.e. parent or legal guardian) may also be able to file a complaint.  If you have a question about this filing process or the Division’s complaint procedures please contact DPOS at:  303-862-3001.

To File a Complaint, click here.

For more information on diploma mills, click here.